Design-y Gift Ideas for Stylish Seniors
For whatever reason, most senior products are typically depressing and sterile-- this is a frustrating reality for those who do not want to sacrifice style in their later years. Here are 5 practical, yet fashionable, gifts for the design-loving grandparent, parent or older adult in your life.
1. Chatfield Cane ($109.95): Let your loved ones strut their stuff in style! A great upgrade from the drugstore cane, this high quality ergonomic cane is the perfect mobility aid, and sartorial accessory, for the stylish senior in your life.
2. Rolser Shopping Trolley ($134.95): Bye bye bulky metal granny cart! This sleek shopping cart will spice up any trip to the grocery store. These beautifully designed Spanish shopping carts are the lightest, most compact styles around.
3. A Nice Shower Seat or Stool ($141 and up): Shower seats are essential to the safety of seniors with balance and mobility issues. However, when most people think of a shower seat they picture a white, sterile plastic hospital version and are reluctant to use it. Thankfully, there are several stylish options available that your loved ones will be proud to use.
4. QardioBase Wireless Smart Scale and Body Analyzer ($149.99): The QardioBase is the most elegant scale on the market-- it's also the smartest! It syncs with your smart phone to keep track of your weight, BMI (body mass index) and full body composition (body fat %, muscle, water and bone mass). It can also be set to help you work towards your weight loss goals and monitor your progress.
5. The Bradley Watch ($285-335): This innovative line of watches allows you to tell the time just by using touch! Great for visually impaired people, as well as those just looking for a new fashion statement. Available in a variety of styles and colors, this watch is sure to be a great conversation piece.